Saturday, April 28, 2012

Final thoughts before we fly.......

So, finally, i am all packed and have tripled checked everything....we went to see the movie "Chimpanzee" with the kids yesterday...it was a good way to celebrate our family of four before we add one more...the movie was good for the kids before our trip...as it was about a male Chimpanzee who adopts a baby chimpanzee.....Satya loved it...and he kept talking about how it's important to even to adopt animals...sweet boy!...anyhow, the closer i get to this trip, the more i am getting nervous....and all the questions that i had before our entire adoption process have resurfaced..."how if i don't love him the way i love my biological kids"..."how if he hates me"..."how if he becomes depressed with the transition".."will i go through 'post adoption depression'"..."how if he doesn't get along with Satya and Sitara".."how will Satya deal with another child his age"....I know all these questions are normal....and it is time now that i let God take care of the rest...i am putting my faith in Him and letting Him guide me through it.....here we go.....!...i probably won't write more now until after the court date...but will let you know how it goes.....I am going to miss my husband so much...have never been away from him for so long...ugghhh.....

4 comments:

  1. God will bring everything together for you. Please know I'll be praying for you and your entire family!! Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are just so thrilled to walk alongside you guys on this journey. We are eagerly awaiting Amay's arrival! I totally can relate to all of your questions and fears! I wonder the same things so often as we go through the adoption process ourselves, but I just know that we are in the center of Gods will. I have no doubt that you guys will be the most loving family for Amay. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying everything is going well for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your fears are legit. You and Sandeep are very selfless people and the rewards of this adoption process will be nothing but rewarding. I believe God will allow you to open your heart to Amay just the way you do with Satya and Sitara. Slowly but surely Amay will find and understand how you and Sandeep have impacted his life. Just remember Mukesh and I will support you guys all the way.....good luck.

    ReplyDelete