Sunday, June 24, 2012

Final Thoughts

This journey has taught us more than we could have imagined....and in the short time that Amay has been with us, he has challenged our entire family.....Sunny and I, along with Satya and Sitara have gone through many emotions and often continue to...I have doubted myself as a mother, have often wondered if Amay was better off at the orphanage, have worried how everything will fall into place, and continue to question what the future holds for our family....but at the same time, I am happy...happy to know that Amay is with us...and happy to know that we are going to do our best to give our son a wonderful opportunity at life.....Our family truly thanks all of those who have kept us in their prayers and for all the support that has been sent our way......Amay is a great bundle of love waiting to blossom.....and I know that God is going to continue to bless us with strength so that we can continue to overcome the unknown.....our journey is everything we expected, but nothing we could have prepared for.....in 2 short months, Amay has already become a completely different child....from the days of him biting, screaming, kicking, and crying, to an often loving child who craves his parents and wants to be hugged and kissed all the time.....we hope that this year will bring us more positive changes for him...and hope that one day his insecurity will gradually become something of the past.....at the same time, we hope and pray that Satya and Sitara will also be able to find their place in our bigger yet better family....as they are also struggling with insecurities and are trying to figure out where they fit in the family now that we have added one more.....Satya constantly sings "my mommy, you are my mommy!"....and I can tell that he often struggles with this change...but as mature as he is, he tells me, "don't worry mom, i just have to get used to him.."...I am so proud of him.....so proud of all three of my kids....for making the best of what God has given us...and truly embracing life and openning their hearts even when it is scary for them....hopefully the kids will give me time to write on the blog, but most likely not...so for now, I leave with a sincere thank you to all those who have stayed with us through this journey.....and as for my husband, he has always been my rock...and though we continue to struggle with our emotions, he says "in a year, we will adopt a baby girl...!"..and with that statement, i know that everything is going to be fine....:)
God bless!

2 comments:

  1. The love can transform anyone. Everything is going to be alright. I thought it was difficult in our lives, but we survived and still do.

    http://BeProsper.us

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you thought anymore of adopting another child from India?

    ReplyDelete