Thursday, May 31, 2012

AmayAmay's firsts

In the midst of all the chaos a new child brings into a family, I have forgotten to cherish all the "first" moments I am experiencing with Amay.  Of course, we have missed his first words, first smile, first steps, etc....But there are many first experiences with him that have been a joy to see...the first time Amay had a popsicle, he just held it in his hand....unsure how to attack it....he watched Satya and Sitara but still couldn't get himself to put the cold ball of ice in his mouth....he tried several times but he had never eaten anything so cold before..needless to say, the entire popsicle melted in his hands within minutes.....the next day, we offered it to him again, this time, he immediately refused it...the first time he had popcorn, he sucked on it like hard candy waiting for it to dissolve in his mouth.....the first time he sat on an American toiled in India, he cried b/c he was afraid he would fall in....the first time he kissed Sunny on his cheeks, he said "Ouch" b/c Sunny's facial hair pricked him....first time I gave him a bath, he kept saying "mommy give me a bath??"....and of course, I'll never forget the first time he said "i like mommy".....though it has been fun watching Amay explore the world around him for the first time, he has been a handful to contain...he touches EVERYTHING and is constantly asking "what is this?"....Even something as common as soap, he asks "what is this?".....the first time he had to use the bathroom in public, we were at the park...he just took his pants off and went...it was embarrasing and funny at the same time....the first time I have him a pillow to sleep on, he took it and sat on it...and then asked "what is this?".....ugghhh....it is like taking care of a 4 year old infant.....fun but hectic....

1 comment:

  1. hi Sumi, my second comment on your blog within the same day! - as u can see I have just started reading it backwards. My Darling Daughter is a 4 yo and I can totally relate to all the "What is this" questioning. I get to hear it about a zillion times a day. And she's been home with me for just two weeks now - and touches just about everything. Even my DD is not used to pillow and blanket - they did not have one at the RIPA. So glad I found your blog online.
    I have only started blogging and you can find us at http://karmikconnections.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete