Sunday, May 6, 2012

Picking him up tomorrow.....

Finally, Satya and Sitara have adjusted to the sleep schedule and are no longer waking up at 3 am dancing and singing....they are having lots of fun in India, but I think it is a bit hectic right now for them...they are doing surprisingly good though......anyhow, i will no longer have access to internet as we are now going to go live with some other cousins.....but we are picking Amay up from the orphanage tomorrow morning and finally bringing him home...I am once again, very nervous, but this time, more excited than nervous.....I am taking Sitara with me this time since she was really mad i didn't take her last time...she keeps saying that she wants to come with me to pick Amay up...so i think it will be good for her....and I think Amay will love to see her since he was asking about her last time...the plan is that we are going to spend the whole day with him at the orphanage...eat lunch with him, take a nap with him, etc...and then they will have a goodbye ceremony for him and then we will take him home..i am sad for him knowing that he will never see his friends and caretakers again, but i think i will be able to hold myself together....i have been surprisingly very strong throughout this process....i thought i would fall apart as soon as i walked in the orphanage to see him...i used to cry when i was in America at just the mere thought of him....but i guess it is true that God always gives you strength when u need it most...I can see lots of sadness and confusion in Amay's eyes...anyhow, we will see how tomorrow goes...i think it will be very emotional for everybody.....Sunny will write on my behalf since i won't have internet.....wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Sumi--you have been very strong through this whole process and I'm real proud of you. I'm sure you'll get Amay through the big transition from leaving the orphanage to becoming a member of the Mehta family. Congrats--you deserve the "Mother of the Year" award on Mother's Day this year.

    ReplyDelete