Thursday, May 31, 2012

Update on the process

Finally, we have received Amay's passport....it took about 2 weeks for his passport to arrive...we are on our way to Ahmedabad to visit my family for a week....Hopefully this trip goes smoothly from here on...we are going to Delhi for his Visa on the 13th...I am so homesick...I can't wait to be home.....Amay continues to be a handful and continues to challenge us.....he has an extremely hard time with separation.....he cries if his father leaves for an errand...or if Satya goes somewhere.....and he continues to challenge everything I say.....it is hard to figure him out......I get mad at him a lot...and then have to be reminded that he must be frustrated too...the language barrier has truly taken a toll on me...i want to tell him so much, but can't put it in words for him to understand.......it is wonderful to have Sunny with me so we can keep each other in check...we both seem to be getting frustrated at times, but are truly blessed for this experience....I have learned more in the past month than I have in the past 30 years about myself.....Amay is a truly a difficult one, but as our struggle continues, so does our learning process.....

1 comment:

  1. Sumi, I just started reading your blog yesterday after I saw that you had posted the link on facebook. I am so in awe of your courage and character. I seem to cry with every post I have read of yours. I know that Amay is going to be just fine with you as his mama! One day, you will look back at these posts and find it crazy that there was ever a time you wondered if everything would fall into place. Just keep loving Amay as much as you can in all the ways you can. I look forward to reading your new posts. You and the family will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete